Thursday, October 11, 2018

Halfway Reflection

1. I do believe tenaciousness is a competency to possess as an entrepreneur. I think the biggest contributor that allows me to keep up with the requirements of this class was by opting-in into the Gator Squad for the class. By doing this, it pushed me to compare how well my work is to others that are within my group and 'competing' with them to do a better job with it. Along with that, I tend to work ahead with the assignments and critiquing and correcting them extensively throughout the week they are due.


2. Tenaciousness is also about attitude. When I hit the point where we had to start conducting extensive interviews with random people that fall within our consumer audience for our past assignments to figure out their thoughts, behaviors, ideas, and opinions about the unmet need and potential solution. I'm not a person that is open to randomly interacting with people without having some prior interaction before. However, what pulled me through is my prior experience from old mentors that preached about "be comfortable with being uncomfortable" which helped me with taking care of what I needed to get done for this class. I believed I have developed a tenacious attitude from the past two months in this class. It has fostered the mindset of showing determination in the ideas you are passionate about bringing to the world. I think the experiences that have developed this is the assignments that move through the levels of the unmet need/opportunity we have identified in our past posts that have allowed us to develop a connection with them.


3. As for three tips that I offer for next semester's students:

  • Express determination in this class. The skills and knowledge that you gain from this class will help you in the future with whatever your end goal is in life.
  • Dedicate time to this class. Don't do the work from this class with a lazy mindset, it shows in the assignments that you post and people will be able to see how much of 'tenacity' you have for it. 
  • Compete with yourself and others. In life, we compare ourselves to others and you should do the same with others in this class. Try to beat yourself when working in this class.

2 comments:

  1. Sean,

    I agree that tenacity is very important for entrepreneurs to possess. That determination allows entrepreneurs to work "non-stop" towards their goals. I also work ahead on assignments in order to ensure that I get them turned in on time. Doing so also allows to be able to focus my attention towards the other class that I am taking and other aspects of life. I love how this class allows you to work ahead so much.

    There's a common saying that the two things in life that you can control are your actions and your attitudes. Controlling these two things will help lead any man or woman towards success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean,
    I also agree that tenacity is an excellent trait to have as an entrepreneur. There are going to be times where we want to give up, but we have to find a way to push through and keep going. You provided great tips for future students who will be taking this course. Dedicating time and effort to this course is an essential piece of getting the most out of this class. Great post!

    ReplyDelete